Monday, May 10, 2010

Curious George

Growing up my favorite books were all Curious George. That sweet little monkey who was ALWAYS up to something and ALWAYS getting into trouble. I never knew when I grew up I'd be playing the role of "the man in the yellow hat". Turns out I've given birth to our very own (slightly more human) version of Curious George. Here's his most recent:

Turns out he just loves sleeping with his foot stuck inbetween the slats of his crib. I took the necessary precautions of the crib bumper, but alas he always manages to wedge his little cankles right in there.I found him like this after an HOUR of sleep. Either I'm getting really good at ignoring his cries, or he actually prefers to be trapped by the blanket he pulled down from the edge of his crib. Again, note the stuck leg. :) Maybe he takes after his daddy who loves nothing more than to burrow himself to sleep... ah.
I had placed him laying on his black on his little monkey-gym. A couple minutes later I come back to check on him and there he is... gym demolished, no longer on his back, feet away from his original location, and about ready to eat my 5 cent magazines. Hm, maybe he was just interested in Martha's decorating choices? ;)

In hindsight, yes, maybe I should start buckling him into his bouncy seat. I dunno, I suppose he wouldn't mind, but I always feel like I'm locking him in prison so I never do. He can really get this baby rocking swinging his leg up and down with ferocious force, but this is the first time he's beat the system with this one. He somehow managed to wiggle himself around until he was no longer sitting, but laying belly down ready to conquer the next toy I place him in. Sigh. Notice all these pictures he's only too thrilled at the fact that he has foiled Mom once again.In other non-Elliott related news ;) Molokai had it's first Ag Fair last weekend. :) I love that this is news... welcome to Molokai! The Ag Fair was actually really fun; music, ono grinds, plenty produce, cherry dog shows, da grease pig contest, choke chickens and da'kine rest. (I inserted a bit of Pigeon- Hawaiian slang there for ya... like? :) ) Best part? Hands down: corn eating contest. The Mons*nto boys really showed some true Midwest farm boy spirit as they hammered through that corn at record speed. Best of the best? OF COURSE, my sweet hubbie. LOL If you've never been at around the Bahler table for corn-on-the-cob races, you're really missing them in their true form... then again... maybe you should count your blessings ;) Eric plopped down on that chair then went CRAZY after 2 ears of corn. You've seriously never seen anything like it in your life. Corn flying, lips enter machine mode, and teeth demolish those juicy unsuspecting little kernels in record time. The crowd went wild with laughter just watching this spectacle of a husband. Oh sweetheart. I love you for so many reasons... I never thought I'd add corn racing to the list ;)

I had a rather amazing Mothers Day weekend. Eric & Elliott decided to give me a whole weekend instead of limiting themselves to just one day. Oh how I love these two! Chic-flicks, breakfast made to order, picnic at the beach, book sale, homemade salsa and fried tortillas for tacos, death-by-chocolate jumbo cupcakes, banana pancakes (or should i say taco?-eric?), church, chicken clubs, not-doing dishes, having time to read a few magazines, basketball & walking the wharf (our new sunday tradition), bbq bacon pizza, & snuggling with my favorite boys made this QUITE the Mothers Day weekend. You've outdone yourselves boys :) Love you!
Ah, I am so blessed.
Hope you had an equally blessed weekend... here's to remembering Mother's Day every day!
Peace and love (the NON-hippie kind)
E^2&M

3 comments:

  1. What a cutie! Elliott I mean... His smile is incredibly precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking at your posts. we are SUPER EXCITED to see you guys and Elliott in June!!!!! Mom said you guys got your tickets!!!! YEAH!!! We're planning on staying over the 4th too :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning from Wolcott!! I just wanted to let you guys know that I pull up your blog every morning and start my morning with a BIG smile from seeing Elliott's pictures! I told Teresa that it makes my day to see such a beautiful, happy baby and he just makes me laugh to look at him!! He is absolutely adorable!!! I sure do pray for you 3 all the time and it seems my prayers are being answered! Things are going good for you and God is richly blessing you there in Hawaii! We look SO forward to seeing you in June! Give that baby kisses from his great aunt! Love, Luann

    ReplyDelete