Eating cereal... and bananas... and grapes... and strawberries. Yes, the Dr. said just cereal... but seriously... this kid stares us down when we eat and has attempted several times to take food from our hands if they're nearby. He also LOVES to watch me cook... I have high hopes for his food habits. I was told you're not supposed to give your kid strawberries til after they're 1 yr after the fact... whoops! He downed that frozen strawberry in less than a minute though... he'll prob. get more ;)
Getting teeth! He's had two bottom teeth for a couple of weeks now. We didn't even notice until the one was all the way poked through... he had a slight cold with it, but has been pretty enjoyable all things considered. This only substantiates my thought to go ahead and give him some real food.
.
.
Sitting up. He's still mastering this one. He gets better and better every day... it's pretty amazing to see his progression. At the moment he can sit by himself for about 30 seconds if he's really into it.... it seems he wants to move around too much to have much patience to practice just sitting... so lame mom!

Rolling over. Little E got this one down about a month ago... He's now a master at both ways of rolling. It is HILARIOUS to watch him push his little tush so far into the air it just plops over. Sometimes E & I will just stand by his crib and watch him do this... laughing the whole time. It's a bit of a challenge now to get him to stay laying on his tummy to fall asleep... once he's rolled on his back he just thinks its so fun to play instead of nap... maybe this has something to do with his spectators laughing at him ;)
Smiles & laughter. Elliott's a pretty happy little bugger. He'll smile at just about anything, including his own reflection. Eric's the best at getting him to laugh. It's pretty cute to watch them in action... daddy blowing on his belly and little E lettin out the biggest little belly laugh you've ever heard. I was singing to him the other day and he just started bustin up laughing... a song about being thankful nonetheless. (think he learned anything?) For some reason I got the feeling I was being laughed AT... :) what a goober.

Getting big! At 4 mos... (about 3 weeks ago) he weighed 18 lbs... almost 27". The kid is seriously the size of a 9 mo. old... we know because that's how big his friend Briggs is and that's his age. Yikes! I'm hoping these cloth diapers are big enough to last til potty training but at this rate we might have to train at 12 mos to compensate! :)
Funny story... so we're at church and Elliott is being (mostly) good. Getting a little antsy I decide to let him sit on the floor and with one hand on him lean to grab some toys for him to play with. He, of course, decides to test my strength and flail backwards... slamming his head into the floor. Screams follow. Pastor Randy incorporates is into the sermon nicely, saying that our feelings change just like that of a baby. Laughter follows. Pastor Randy then interrupts the sermon "By the way, isn't that kid HUGE?" :) "Seriously, what are you feeding that kid?" One of our friends shouts out "corn!". (This is Hawaii... it's totally weird to them that people grow corn here). Pastor Randy replies "that was pretty corny". :) By now everyone is busting with laughter and Elliott has stopped crying. Our little guy can cause quite the scene. Let's just hope the message wasn't compromised ;)
.
.
So the other day Elliott was waking up from his nap (he never cries when he wakes up anymore.. just lays and rolls around while he talks to himself... so fun!) and Eric went to get him. A couple minutes go by and E still hasn't come out with the little guy in tow so I head to his room to check it out. This is what I found....
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...

Eric has been wanting to do this since about week 3... I shouldn't be surprised. Oh the antics these two are sure to pull on me one day. I just smirk and shake my head just thinking about it. "You boys!"
.
.
Also... fed the husband some zucchini, eggplant, spinach, chicken pasta with creamy red sauce last night... not only did he not complain, he actually liked it. He Liked It! This is BIG people... this is BIG!

...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...

Eric has been wanting to do this since about week 3... I shouldn't be surprised. Oh the antics these two are sure to pull on me one day. I just smirk and shake my head just thinking about it. "You boys!"
.
.
Also... fed the husband some zucchini, eggplant, spinach, chicken pasta with creamy red sauce last night... not only did he not complain, he actually liked it. He Liked It! This is BIG people... this is BIG!

Hope this finds you praising our Savior!
"And from the throne came a voice that said "Praise our God, all his servants, from the least to the greatest, all who fear Him." Rev. 19:5
E^2 & M
What a cute post! I don't think parents ever give their permission for children to grow! Great to see more pics of Elliot! and of course both of you :)
ReplyDeletewhoops- I have been giving Tallie strawberries for a while, too! i guess they haven't had any bad reactions :D
ReplyDelete