
We flew out Sat. a.m. I thought the best part of the entire trip was the flight. Only 25 minutes, we flew the north end of Molokai almost halfway, and the view was breathtaking. The north end consists largely of sea cliffs and amazingly long waterfalls. As soon as we landed we started shopping hard-core. This, somewhat pathetically, was the main purpose of our trip. Molokai’s shopping consists of 2 grocery stores, and a few very old tourist shops to pick up a few knickknacks. We were excited to find an Old Navy, Motherhood Maternity, and Forever 21… Eric especially loved this. We spent most of the weekend shopping, stocking up on baby gear, a few clothes, and lots of toys for the birthday boy. Eric got to come home with snorkel gear, a 3 prong (for spearing fish), and a new (used) kayak complete with paddles and seats. It was a site to see as we tooled around Maui with our new kayak strapped to the roof of our tiny little bright blue compact rental car, but we made it and anticipate its shipping arrival on Molokai next week. So needless to say, we had fun trying out the different restaurants (Eric’s fav was the shaved ice), hangin out at the beach, and just being together. We must say, however, the vast number of people was alarming. Coming from a very non-tourist Hawaii to a jam-packed island was a bit disturbing to us. We’re used to the beach being “crowded” if just two other people are there with us, and here there were hundreds! We decided at the end of our trip we love living on Molokai, and would trade lack of shopping for peace and quiet any day!
In other news, my husband has decided to make a “things to do” list, and it is now staring at me as I write this from our chalkboard. Eric & I have been together 6 years, married 2, and if there’s one thing life with Eric isn’t, it’s boring. He continually surprises me with his thoughts and sometimes crazy ideas. Here’s the list so you can catch a glimpse of what I mean. 1. Read Bible front to back. 2. Learn to speak Hawaiian. 3. Learn to play the harmonica. 4. Be a vegetarian for two weeks. 5. Bike the entire island, East to West. He’s also constantly talking about when we have a farm wanting to make his own cheese, beer, and planting all sorts of different grains to try out. He didn’t want to add these to the list, because the list consists of immediate action items. Right now he’s working on #1, and has been a vegetarian for 2 days. For those who don’t know, Eric’s the kind of guy who could eat starches and meat for every meal and never get bored. I’m constantly making him eat vegetables, so having free reign to make him eat whatever I decide on is interesting at the very least. So far no complaints, but I’m not holding my breath. When I asked why he wanted to do this, he just said “Why not?”. Fair enough love.
We had our first island baby check-up yesterday! It was so fun to see the ultrasound, as the baby looks vastly different at 23 weeks than it did at 8. The midwife got excited right along with us as we saw the baby’s heartbeat, and ham it up for us sucking its thumb. The little bugger squirmed and moved the entire time, and midwife said it was a photogenic, wiggle worm of a baby. As it moved, we tried to see boy/girl status, and it cooperated for about 4 seconds as we tried to get a look. The midwife said, and I agree, that we’re about 80% sure it’s a boy! We have another official ultrasound with the Dr. that comes over from Oahu on Mon, then another checkup the following week. The midwife lets us do ultrasounds anytime, so hopefully we’ll see again to confirm. Can’t wait to meet this little guy!
Well, that’s about it….. thanks for checkin in!
Aloha
E&M
P.S. The one pic is of dead gecko skeletons that somehow got stuck in an outdoor lamp… we thought it was funny… then kinda sad.



Yea! Looks like things are going good for you both! Glad you guys got a chance to get to Maui! I can't believe you only have 3 more months until the baby comes! :0) Poor little geckos :(
ReplyDelete><> Daveana
Hi u 2! Our entire kit and kaboodle is vacationing at North Myrtle Beach, and since Katie & Sheila are cooking tonight - Theresa & I are reading your blog. Loved it and now I am sooo lonesome for you - wish I were there to pat your bellie - a privilege for grandmas and gray haired aunts! But I praise God you're well, and very happy - in the Lord. God is sooo good, isn't he? (Katie is salsa dancing with baby Orrin and Marie) - Gotta go. Our love & hugs, A. Rache & all
ReplyDeleteHey Ris!!! I'm at aunt wendys and we both say hey!!! Hope your having a fun time in Hawaii and we miss you!!! Thanks for the money at gateway!! We had fun love ya!!!
ReplyDelete