So here it is:
Saturday we went to an East end beach with our new friends, Weston & Rachel. Sadly, Mike & Erica (the married/pregnant couple) are on the mainland, and Erica will be staying for 3 weeks.:( Weston is a Monsanto guy, (who, by the way, has worked @ Remington Monsanto, and totally knows the Federer's) and his Malasian girlfriend is visiting for 5 weeks. Bring on the fun! Anyway, we had a fun time, bringing along the new intern from Purdue. We grilled out and sadly lost horribly at bocce ball. We stayed on the beach about 3-4 hours, and had increasingly red skin to prove it. (Note: Eric's skin was much redder than mine :) )
Afterwards, we headed into town to one of the park's with the Monsanto crew for a goodbye party for one of the workers. Another famous cookout with deer (so delicious!!), squid, and ahi (tuna) jerky. Please
Sunday we ventured out to church with Weston & Rachel. Molokai Baptist. Amazing (if not a little long) sermon, and fun worship music makes this a church we will most likely call home.. and excited to do so! Visit molokaibaptist.com for a glimpse of the sermon. We swung by the drive-in for a quick lunch, and spent the rest of the night hiding from the sun, hanging out inside. I must say that my husband planned a stellar meal of pear glazed pork chops and rice pudding. I'm always in awe of my husband's new food choices. Anyone who knew Eric just a couple years ago, knows he made some very lame and picky food choices. When we were dating, I just know his usual mushroom swiss burger at every restaurant was most likely him showing me his adventurous food skills. Well a new man has been reborn! This actually happened when he entered Marsteller college life, and now, praise God!, this man loves Chinese, Japanese, and will try anything just about once. I also credit myself with this change, as I make him watch the Food Network with me all the time.
Monday we slept in late... aka 7:30. It's such a new world as a former retail worker to have holiday's off... and paid! We decided to take a picnic to one of the West end beaches, but alas, all stores were closed up. I think in the near future I'll do a blog on grocery prices... this is not a pretty site. Anyway, we forewent the picnic, and headed to the beach to swim. We ventured to a new beach, and were pleasantly surprised by huge waves. Most people on the island dislike the West beaches because of the giant water breaking at shoreline. Eric & I love the danger and challenge of riding these waves onto the sand. So fun! Afterwards, we were invited to Dave (a Monsanto worker from Warsaw, who, by the way, totally knows Steve Beer)'s place for a Memorial day cookout. I crack up at all these guys entertaining. Only the essentials: gourmet brats and xl sub buns, pork n beans, and beer. They did an awesome job, but it's just hilarious to me anyway.
So it's Tuesday and life continues. Who knows... maybe you'll hear from us tomorrow. Maybe.
E&M
Dave who? from Warsaw? He knows Shane's dad? That is so crazy. I'm going to talk Shane into getting the Food Network.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you guys are having fun! :)
ReplyDelete